Monday, June 27, 2011

More bounce ...

In brief: levels declared 'first rate', u/s in two weeks?!

The sense of calm made way for nerves. I tossed in my bed last night
and had a hard time concentrating during the day.
The clinic called early - no hitches with the lab results this time -
with good news. The blood results are 'first rate' (no number
specified). Relief! Again, I'm stunned.

The clinic advised a first u/s in two weeks. That would be 5 weeks
after retrieval, which is then week 7. Why not a week earlier (as I
had planned)? According to them, 6 weeks is too early to see a
heartbeat for certain (or to draw final conclusions from not seeing
one).

Oh well, I've made an appointment for next week and I'm keeping it.
I've just checked back in my archives, and back in 2007 we saw a
heartbeat at 6 weeks.

While I was browsing my archives, it struck me how some things I wrote
then, reflect how I feel now.

For instance, now feels like as good a time as any to thank all of you
for your support over the last days, weeks and months. I don't know
where I would have been without this blog, and I don't think I want to
know.
Know that each and every comment is much appreciated.

In 2007 I added "Why am I thanking you now, so insanely early? PG
after IF is an awkward time in an IF blogger's life. I realize that I
will be silently waving goodbye to some of you in the near or not so
near future, depending on how this goes. Though it makes me sad, it's
perfectly ok, because that's just the way it is."

11 Comments:

At 27 June, 2011 22:09, Blogger Rachel said...

I'm so glad that all looks well. We had a heartbeat at one 6 week appt and not at the other (both had heartbeats at 7 weeks) so try not to be too terrified if they can't find it in 2 weeks, but very much hoping for good news early for you.

 
At 27 June, 2011 22:26, OpenID serenitynowinfertile said...

I have heard that 6w is early for a definitive heartbeat as well. We saw a hb with O at 6w2d, but were cautioned that it was still really early.

Either way, I'm hoping for you. And thrilled with the 'first rate' rise in your levels.

xoxo

 
At 27 June, 2011 22:48, Anonymous It Is What It Is said...

We had a heartbeat at 6w2d but I know others that didn't have one at that stage only to FREAK the eff out until their 7w appointment whereby, voila, heartbeat. So, just keep your sh*t together if they don't see one but if everything else looks good.

Good luck!

 
At 27 June, 2011 23:18, Blogger Anna said...

Brilliant!! Keep us posted! :D

 
At 28 June, 2011 00:41, Anonymous Ms. C said...

Yay for awesome results.
I think we had a heartbeat with Sacha at 6w-ish, but it was later with this baby (we went at 6w, didn't see one, but saw one at 7w).
I am hopeful. And here for you.

 
At 28 June, 2011 03:37, Blogger Sami said...

I'm ecstatic that all looks well so far. Will continue to keep my fingers crossed and all that jazz. I too would want the 6 w u/s, but that's just me. Here's hoping for a heartbeat at your u/s. Hang in there until then.

 
At 28 June, 2011 04:52, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations! I will continue thinking really really good thoughts for you.

 
At 28 June, 2011 15:56, Blogger Bea said...

Excellent news. I understand why they're saying seven, just to be sure to be sure, but I'm glad you've kept the six week appointment anyway. If you don't see anything conclusive, it's probably not going to make that extra week harder anyway. Hopefully it'll be reassurance an extra week early.

Bea

 
At 29 June, 2011 21:32, Blogger Molly said...

Just saw this! HOORAY!

 
At 30 June, 2011 04:51, Blogger Roccie said...

Ah, the u/s may as well be next year, huh? It is such a long wait. I like the sound of 7 wks, less risk for misleading fear.

What a sweet post. How in line with our exchanges recently. Makes me happy.

 
At 30 June, 2011 07:00, Anonymous jjiraffe said...

YAY!!! I missed your previous announcement. This is great news! Congrats!

I have written a post mostly about the smart things you said on Prompt(ly) regarding blog etiquette. Thanks so much for providing that much needed perspective...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home