Monday, June 06, 2011

Resignation? Just a taste ...

In brief: 2 embryos were transferred. Now comes the hard part, waiting.

Resigned? I didn't feel resigned at all while I was sitting by the
phone, willing it to ring - with good news. The calm I felt the past
two days was gone. What if there was nothing to transfer? Failure
without a fighting change ... shudder.

Delusional maybe, but then I believe acceptance won't simply arrive on
my doorstep one day. Some days will be better than others.

Then the phone rang, with good news. Transfer time! Two nice embryos
were transferred.
The fert report was all right (though I always hope for more). 4
embryos developed in total, the lab will get in touch to say if any
made it to the freezer.

Meanwhile, I have plenty of stuff to keep me occupied. We're figuring
out whether to put in an offer on a house (same neighborhood). Work is
sending me on a business trip.

Speaking of work, my PG co-worker (the one I share an office with) is
leaving on maternity leave this week. The past months haven't been as
difficult as I had feared - I generally managed to engage in civil
conversation, without too much eye-rolling or sobs. Only occasionally
did I remember that if things had gone differently, we could have been
comparing notes almost to the week. I had expected this to haunt me
constantly.
Still I'm sure a weight will lift from my shoulders once she leaves.
Until she starts sending baby pics of course.

5 Comments:

At 07 June, 2011 03:58, Anonymous It Is What It Is said...

2 is GREAT! Wishing you a peaceful (as can be) 2ww (the very thing I could no longer tolerate and the one thing that got me off the train).

 
At 07 June, 2011 12:37, Blogger Heather said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations! Wishing you a very speedy 2ww.

 
At 07 June, 2011 18:28, Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Aaah, that is what email filters are for. You just have them go into a folder until a day that you want to open the pics and look at them.

Congratulations on the transfer. Sending good thoughts for good news with the beta.

 
At 08 June, 2011 01:00, Blogger Roccie said...

Congratulations on your transfer of 2. We can all look back and say what an auspicious sign this was in the very beginning that all would go so well.

 
At 13 June, 2011 19:07, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Hoping for good news for you! And let this wait go quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home