Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sigh of relief

I've been restless the past few days, and the closer my u/s
appointment got, the worse it became. I slept uneasily last night.
Time dragged on in the waiting room ... but finally it was my turn.

To my great relief, one embryo is still right on track. Exhale.
Arm and leg buds were visible and I got to hear a lovely heartbeat.
Absolutely amazing.

The other has definitely arrested. It's sad, but I was prepared for the news.

Back to waiting for the next appointment. And to distract me, some
vacation time to spend with Linnea!

10 Comments:

At 20 July, 2011 04:15, Anonymous It Is What It Is said...

Congratulations on a successful u/s and I am so glad to know that things are progressing as they should.

Enjoy your time away...

 
At 20 July, 2011 05:02, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Fantastic that the little embryo is growing so well!! Excited for you Lut!

 
At 20 July, 2011 05:03, Blogger Sara said...

Whew! I'm so glad that things are going well.

 
At 20 July, 2011 13:00, Blogger Thalia said...

what an awesome relief. Well done little fetbryo. Hang in there.

 
At 20 July, 2011 16:17, Blogger Reba said...

that is really wonderful news :) enjoy your vacation!

 
At 20 July, 2011 18:08, Blogger Roccie said...

I bet you were a wreck heading into it.

I am delighted for the good news, but will always have a sad, quiet spot for the embryo that left.

Have a great vaca w Linnea. Give us some pics???

 
At 21 July, 2011 13:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good news. News we were hoping for! Congratulations. -Swisschard

 
At 22 July, 2011 14:26, Blogger Bea said...

I'm sorry to hear about the other twin. But very relieved to hear about the surviving one. And it will be less risky with only one, not to mention the longer term. Still, it's sad to lose a baby.

Bea

 
At 23 July, 2011 15:24, Anonymous jjiraffe said...

I'd like to echo what Bea said so well.And I hope you enjoy your vacation.

 
At 01 August, 2011 07:43, Blogger Vee said...

I am so glad you got a heart beat certainly a relief. But yes sad the other didn't make it.

Enjoy your holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home