Sunday, October 09, 2011

20 weeks - halfway

In brief: 20 weeks - anatomical scan went well

We've reached the halfway point, well statistically at least. I've had
the anatomical scan last week and all seems to be going very well. The
doctor was satisfied with what he saw.

Later, I told Linnea the doc thinks she'll be getting a little sister.
She replied: I think it will be a little brother.
I couldn't help but laugh - she's constantly contradicting whatever we say.

Part of the scan was in 3D (first time for me!) and I was awestruck.
Look - a baby!
Can I keep it? Please!

Speaking of keeping, Linnea ran a high fever for a stretch of days
last week. She wouldn't eat, would hardly drink anything, couldn't do
anything except lie on the couch and watch tv - or sleep. I seriously
considered driving to emergency a few times, but she remained alert
and didn't have a stiff neck or vomit. After two days and three nights
we went to the doctor (the official advice here is to get medical
attention if a fever lasts for 5 days).
With the right medication (antibiotics) she improved dramatically within 24h.
I found myself thanking modern medicine again. I shudder to think what
might have happened to her without. I can't imagine what it was like
in the past, or what mothers in less fortunate parts of the world go
through.

4 Comments:

At 09 October, 2011 21:02, Anonymous It Is What It Is said...

Awww, this is just such good and great news about your pregnancy. Congratulations again.

Yes, fevers are worrisome (even though they shouldn't necessarily be) and I am glad that little girl is feeling better.

 
At 10 October, 2011 21:14, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I'm so glad to hear about the anatomy scan! And glad that Linnea is doing better.

 
At 12 October, 2011 04:50, Blogger Roccie said...

Happy midpoint!

I always fear the Lethargy..... what if it starts when she is sleeping???

 
At 16 October, 2011 02:14, Blogger Bea said...

It constantly amazes me that people had to put up with all these things and we can now fix them. Here's to modern medicine getting even better!

Glad everything is going well with the pregnancy.

Bea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home