Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Persistence Luck Joy - happy 4th birthday

Linnea celebrated her 4th birthday today!
She has been longing for this day for months - hoping to be taller,
wiser, more skilled, ... all in one go.

I'm amazed that another year has rolled past. We've managed to keep
her safe and happy (mostly) and thanking our lucky stars for it.

This weekend, we took Linnea to a Sesame Street show (live on stage).
She was spellbound from start to finish.
Watching her enjoying the show so much was wonderful. At one point, my
emotions got the better of me, tears welled up (surreal, with Ernie
and Bert doing a happy song on stage).
This is what we fought so long for, and this is what we came close to
missing out on.

Persistence Luck Joy.

We haven't started discussing names yet - but if it weren't so very
unsuitable - this would be perfect.

6 Comments:

At 21 October, 2011 01:03, Blogger Thalia said...

Happy birthday Linnea!

Re the theatre, I absolutely understand. I took the children to in the night garden live last summer and was in floods as the music swelled and junior sat transfixed.

So glad things are good.

 
At 21 October, 2011 01:10, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

A touching moment with you and your lovely daughter - I'm so glad you got to experience it. And someday soon, you'll get to do it *again* with your new baby. Glad you are doing well.

 
At 21 October, 2011 01:58, Blogger Heather said...

Happy birthday to Linnea!!!

 
At 21 October, 2011 03:33, Anonymous Orodemniades said...

Happy Birthday, Linnea!!

 
At 23 October, 2011 13:04, Blogger Bea said...

Happy fourth! That did seem to go fast. Your choice of name is not bad, either. May sound a little strange to some ears I suppose.

Bea

 
At 24 October, 2011 06:41, Blogger jjiraffe said...

Happy Birthday Linnea!! Love love love that you took her to see a live show. My twins's fourth is coming up and that's what I want to do but Darcy is insisting that we do the whole, ridiculous 60 people at our house stress attack party we had last year. Which nearly killed me.

Seriously, I'm glad she (and you) had such a wonderful time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home